Let's face it: There is a lot of misleading statements, downright lies and, if we are truly honest, bullsh*t that is force fed to us as doctrine and guaranteed results.. Many of us have been burned over time by fad diets and even worse marketing campaigns by unscrupulous companies looking only to make a fast buck but not really care what happens to their customers who truly do want to detoxify their body.
Do I sound a bit on the skeptical side? It's true! I have been hurt on my own path towards better health, and I know so many more people who also have been taken in by these scams – but the good news is that there really are things that do in fact work – and you don't have to be rich to afford them, either, as Elite Daily describes in detail below. But before I share that, a disclaimer:
Heads-up: Everything mentioned in this article can drastically improve your mood, health and life. Side effects may include, but are not limited to: brighter smile, clearer skin, boosted mood, better sleep, less gas, healthier weight, motivation, detoxification and a newfound love of feeling great. Additionally, it should be noted that all of these are gateways to more healthy behavior.
Here are six incredible, all-natural tweaks that will get you feeling like Rocky Balboa in his prime (or whatever you envision to be the epitome of feeling great):
If this excited you as it truly excites me, continue reading:
1. Oil Pulling – Take 1 to 2 teaspoons of coconut oil (or oil of preference) and swish it around in your mouth for 20 minutes. Spit out in garbage. That’s it!
2. Drink Hot Lemon Water First Thing – Bring water to a boil and add fresh lemon juice (avoid little plastic bottle version if you can). Drink said hot lemon water.
3. Dry Brushing – Starting from your feet and working your way up, take a natural bristle brush and brush it over your naked body Always brush toward your heart. Take a shower, and that’s it.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar – The key is to use apple cider vinegar that is organic, raw, unfiltered and with the mother. You dilute it in twice as much water and apply it to whatever you’re working on. To get the benefits of consuming it, the pros say to strive for 1 tablespoon a day. This can be done by adding it to a glass of water in the morning or a teaspoon with a glass of water at every meal. It’s especially good for acid reflux sufferers.
5. Vitamin D – Long story short, take Vitamin D (bottle will say D3) daily, and have your Vitamin D levels tested immediately. This is one supplement you will feel kick in.
6. Probiotics – Get a probiotic supplement containing a bifido- and lactobacilli- bacteria strain. On top of your probiotic supplement, eat fiber-rich foods to feed your health microflora. Additionally, consume fermented and probiotic-enriched foods as well.
There you have it – six inexpensive yet highly effective ways to detoxify and keep your body clean. If you are like me, some of these may sound silly (use a dry brush – really?!) or not too fun (drink a tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar with water – yuck!) I can tell you from my own experiences that these really do work! Besides, unless you have an allergy to any of these ingredients, what's the harm in trying them out yourself? You may (like I was) be pleasantly surprised!
Admittedly, this was a quick overview of a much larger and in-depth article. Please visit elitedaily.com to learn even more!