A few days ago, I attended a house concert featuring my friend and colleague, Kate MacLeod. House concerts are always fun—intimate and informal. Sometimes they're structured like most other concerts. At other times, they include a social hour with potluck snacks.
Last weekend’s concert was the latter. Problem is, I didn't realize this until a couple hours before the downbeat. Usually I like to spend a fair amount of time researching and planning my contribution. But there simply wasn’t time.
A month or so ago, I’d made Avocado-Tahini Crostini for a holiday gathering. I knew it came together super fast and was super good. So I decided to make it again. I found the recipe in the enchanting book, The Forest Feast Gatherings by Erin Gleeson.
What I love about The Forest Feast cookbooks is not only the artful illustrations and photography, but the simplicity of the recipes. The recipe below is deceptively simple, considering how delicious the final product is.
The recipe made enough filling for the potluck with some left over for my partner and me to enjoy the next day.
- 1 long baguette, cut diagonally in 1/4-inch slices
- extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 ripe avocados
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- red pepper flakes
Put It Together:
- Turn on your oven’s broiler.
- Place the baguette slices on a baking sheet and brush with olive oil. Sprinkle with a little salt.
- Broil for 2 minutes, until browned. Remove immediately. This step can be done in advance and you can store the broiled slices in a zip-loc bag.
- Use a potato masher to mash the avocados, tahini and garlic powder together in a mixing bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread a tablespoon or two of the avocado mixture onto each baguette slice.
- Transfer onto a serving plate.
- Sprinkle with a little more salt and some red pepper flakes.
By: Charlotte Bell
Title: Meatless Monday: Avocado-Tahini Crostini
Sourced From: www.huggermugger.com/blog/2019/meatless-monday-avocado-tahini-crostini/
Published Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2019 18:55:21 +0000