Superfood bowls are so much fun to put together. With veggies, legumes, grains, sauces and dressings all mixed into one bowl, these one-dish meals can seem like a hodgepodge. Maybe they are, but I enjoy the opportunity to try unusual combinations of flavors and textures.
Many bowls combine lots of different elements. This bowl includes veggies and legumes, but instead of dressings and sauces, it utilizes harissa and other spices to deepen the flavor. This makes this bowl relatively simple and quick to make.
Broccoli, cauliflower, radishes and leafy greens are, simply, some of the most nutritious foods around. They’re filled with vitamins, Omegas and anti-inflammatory compounds. This roasted veggie bowl is filled with these nutritional gems. Legumes (chickpeas and lentils) are high in B vitamins, minerals and fiber and they are low in fat.
With the season of indulgence rapidly approaching, keep this nutritious roasted veggie bowl in mind to help you recover from holiday extravagance.
I found this bowl in Lindsey Cotter’s Nourishing Superfood Bowls.
Moroccan Roasted Veggie Bowl
- 8 ounces broccoli florets
- 8 ounces cauliflower florets
- 1½ cups cooked chickpeas (equals one 15-ounce can)
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1 to 1½ tablespoons harissa dry spice seasoning*
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ to 1 teaspoon fine sea salt or kosher salt
- ½ to 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups chopped leafy greens
- 2 cups cooked black or green lentils
- 1 cup chopped green onion, or ¼ cup chopped red onion
- ⅔ cup sliced radish
- Sliced lemon
- Fresh cilantro
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- Garlic salt or garlic powder, to taste
- Olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Put It Together:
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF. Line or oil a baking sheet.
- To make the roasted veggies, toss the broccoli, cauliflower, and chickpeas with the olive oil, harissa, garlic, salt, and pepper. Layer on a baking sheet and roast for 20 to 25 minutes.
- For the bowls, layer equal amounts of the leafy greens, followed by the lentils, green onion, radishes, and roasted veggies in each.
- Top each bowl with the sliced lemon, cilantro, red pepper flakes, and garlic salt. Drizzle each bowl with the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and a squeeze of lemon.
*You can make your own harissa seasoning by mixing together 1 tablespoon of hot paprika with 1/4 teaspoon each of caraway seeds, cumin, garlic powder, pepper, ginger, sea salt and cinnamon.
By: Charlotte Bell
Title: Meatless Monday: Moroccan Roasted Veggie Bowl
Sourced From: www.huggermugger.com/blog/2018/moroccan-roasted-veggie-bowl/
Published Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2018 19:45:35 +0000
Always check our latest articles at…